[syslinux] Syslinux with two-disk set (boot+root )

Mike Jones mjj9 at email.byu.edu
Thu Aug 22 17:42:13 PDT 2002

> You realize that the prompt_ramdisk isn't an initrd, right?  You're
> definitely not using the same options, since the initrd= command isn't a
> lilo option at all, and you're evidently specifying it.

I am, in fact, using initrd in my lilo.conf.  My append line for lilo.conf
looks like this:

append = "ramdisk_size=16384 load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=1 ramdisk_start=0
initrd=/mnt/floppy/initrd.gz devfs=mount label=linux"

Being somewhat of a Linux novice, I got the above from a how-to on the
internet.  I tried a similar line in syslinux.cfg and it failed.  Are you
saying that it should have worked?

-Mike Jones