[syslinux] Re: 2 root disks sdb1,sdc1; if set "root=/dev/sdc1", mtab lies saying sdb1 is root!?

Tom Rodman bounces at trodman.com
Sun Aug 25 21:45:40 PDT 2002

Thanks! That did it.

I read the man page on fstab, and then used tune2fs to make a unique
label for the sdc1 partition and used the label in fstab and it seems to work.

Just curious..:
  During boot what happens, I see a chicken egg dilemna - how is fstab read
  without the root partition first getting mounted?  I need a better overview of the
  boot process.  Is a temporary mount point (not "/") used to read the partition,
  and later pivot_root used.. I should be looking at source code, right?
  How about another nudge in the right direction; I won't post any more on
  this thread.

--
thanks again/regards,
Tom Rodman