[syslinux] Question about memdisk

Gregg Lebovitz gregg at suma.com
Mon Aug 26 08:22:19 PDT 2002

Peter,

I am trying to get memdisk to work with grub and have run into a
problem. Grub loads memdisk into the 0x9000 segment and then starts it
at location 0x90200. I run into problems in the first printf statement.
It turns out that printf uses a switch statement that compiles into a
jump table. When I reach this jump table, I believe the code is jumping
into hyperspace due to the jump table using long addresses.

The jump into the jump table is the instruction:

jmpl	0x2220(,%eax,4)

If you have a moment, can you give me a clue as to what is happening
here?

Thanks for your help.

Gregg