[syslinux] Windows boot-NTLDR not found?

Michael Balasko MPB at gty.ci.henderson.nv.us
Thu Dec 12 11:52:48 PST 2002

Hello All,

I am using NU2's BCD with the isolunix/memdisk add-on to create the cd. Floppy images work fine, however the bootsector (w2K et.al) doesn't. I get an NTLDR not found error.  Not a problem, as the issue is that the bootsector needs to be in the root of the CD. Well if I do that then how do I spec that location properly in isolinux.cfg for the label tag?

For example-
this works for the floppy images

/
.
..../isolinux

           floppya.img
           floppyb.img

isolinux.cfg is like so.
label 1
    kernel memdisk
    append initrd=cdrom.img

The no workie part looks like this-
So the i386 and .bin are in the cdroot and the imgs are under /isolinux

/(cdroot)
|.I386
|.ntboot.bin
|..../isolinux

           floppya.img
           floppyb.img
label 3
    kernel ntboot.bin

OR
label 4
   kernel /ntboot.img

In this config I get n NTLDR not found as well for label 3 or 4.

Which common sense part am I missing? :) Thanks all.

Mike