[syslinux] isolinux

Steve smaroney at bazan-kodat.com
Sat Dec 14 19:31:55 PST 2002

hey guys,

im attempting to build my own linux distro. My first step is too get a linux
kernel and ramdisk image on a bootable cd via isolinux.

my problem seems to NOT be with pxelinux/isolinux, but with the kernel. Im
not postive so here whats happening.

the machine boots, and loads isolinux from the cd and presents a "boot:"
prompt to me. after i type in the kernel label it seems to load the kernel
and initrd just fine, but when the kernel attempts to boot... it hangs.

Does this have anything to do with isolinux ?

I haven't looked into the archives yet, so please excuse me if its a common
question.

Also, this problem isn't with every pc... just 2 out 4 test boxes had this
problem.

thanks,
steve