[syslinux] Does pxelinux tftp support BLOCK-SIZE option

Sowmya.Krishnaswamy at nokia.com Sowmya.Krishnaswamy at nokia.com
Wed Dec 18 15:31:09 PST 2002

Hello,

We are using PXELINUX to get the diskless clients up using PXELINUX as boot loader for network boot. The size of the root file system in our case is 14MB and it is taking around 15-20 minutes to get the box up which we need to bring down to 5 minutes, hence the query on TFTP BLOCK SIZE option.

Since PXELINUX does not support TFTP BLOCKSIZE option does it imply that the root file system should be lot smaller. The maximum reduction in our case would result is something that is 10MB not less.

Thanks,
Sowmya