[syslinux] Enhancement to PXElinux & MEMDISK

WINDRV INTERNATIONAL windrv at mail.windrv.com
Tue Dec 17 18:07:33 PST 2002

Dear Mr. H Peter Avin,

Thank you very much for your excellent contribution of Syslinux to the
worldwide community.

I wish to make some small donation of cash for your continual effort of
enhancing Syslinux as an Open-source project as described in my following
proposal.

The proposal is as follows:

The items of enhancements on PXElinux and MEMDISK I have in mind are in the
following order of priority:

1. Unloading of MEMDISK under real DOS mode [Win9x DOS]

This is simply a small real DOS programme. Some reference may be made to
Etherboot where they have a
real DOS programme, rmrd, to remove their ramdisk. Of course, the
implementation details may be different.

2. Relocation of MEMDISK of PXElinux at a selectable region within the first
640K low memory area [we want to make a 360K bootable DOS floppy to fit into
the 640K area].

3. Relocation of MEMDISK of PXElinux at a selectable region within the
extended memory.

Do you think that is achievable and how long do you think you will take and
how much you think I should donate for these Open-source enhancements?

By the way, which country you are in?

Anticipating your reply.

Best wishes,
Johnson CHEN