[syslinux] tftp-hpa backport to openbsd tftpd

julien Touche julien.touche at lycos.com
Thu Dec 26 13:53:36 PST 2002

H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> You could try booting a PXELINUX client off your TFTP server.  That's
> one is pretty obvious, but rather clumsy if you don't have such a
> machine on hand; I actually don't have any other tests on hand
> unfortunately.

i tried it but except it doesn't work i didn't gather much information
and tftpd has no option to work in foreground and debug option.
same for tftp client which has only verbose/trace option but there is no
way to enable/disable tsize/blk/blk2/... to know if an option works.
I suppose all these ones work in compatibility mode so don't use tsize
and others.

I try to add a debug trace with macro (some simple print to file) but i
get nothing except main beginning ...

> It would also be very interesting to know what modifications I would
> need to add to tftp-hpa to make it compile on OpenBSD, so please send me
> your changes.
>
>     -hpa

i investigate little but i manage to compile with the following changes
in MCONFIG CFLAGS:
i delete: -D_XOPEN_SOURCE
and add: -DHAVE_U_SHORT -DHAVE_U_LONG
now it compiles (i haven't test it for now)
(note for archives: problem was seen from sys/socket.h and arpa/inet.h
header, error about u_short and some others)

i'll test it to know if it works but i thing it would be best if base
openbsd could support tsize option in tftpd ...

Regards

		Julien Touche