[syslinux] any way to use binary kernel modules + pxe booting?

David Fallon davef at d2.com
Tue Dec 31 10:34:07 PST 2002

So, I'm trying to boot using PXE + NFS root filesystem, to boot a kernel
that can reimage machines. This has been quite successful for me, until
just recently where I ran into a motherboard that had a broadcom
ethernet chipset - the broadcom driver is binary only. I can boot a
kernel using PXE and load the broadcom driver using a custom initrd, but
don't know how to then NFS mount the root filesystem. Any suggestions?
Alternatively, is there a better way to get the module loaded so I can
NFS mount the root fs? Either way, thanks for pxelinux - it's made my
life as a sysadmin much easier...

--
David Fallon <davef at d2.com>
Digital Domain