[syslinux] Re: Allwell doesn't respond to OACK with ACK in TFTP

Neologism Neologism at POBox.COM
Mon Feb 4 02:14:29 PST 2002

Ok, I've got some more information.  I hacked out the loop in tftp-hpa
that waits for the ACK.  Yay, open source!  Thank you!  Frustration
level is lower.

However, problem is not solved: server now sends DATA packet, but
Allwell ignores it like a prom queen ignoring a computer geek.  Same
behavior ensues (timeout).

Ok, so now I try using the -r option of tftp-hpa, and disallow the
blksize option the Allwell is asking for.  tftp-hpa does the right
thing, giving a DATA packet with the standard blocksize.  Again, the
Allwell is an ice queen.

It looks like Jason Bodnar had the same problem earlier:
http://www.geocrawler.com/mail/msg.php3?msg_id=7112481&list=5299
Jason, did you get it working?

Matt Butcher seems to have gotten it to work
(http://www.allwell.tv/DownLoad/Network_Boot_/network_boot_.html).
Matt, thank you for your document.  It was helpful for me right up to
the point where I can't get it to work.  Can you see what I'm doing
wrong?

Can anyone help me with this or do I throw the Allwell into the river?

Neologism