[syslinux] Allwell doesn't respond to OACK with ACK in TFTP

Neologism Neologism at POBox.COM
Mon Feb 4 16:23:04 PST 2002

Hi Josef,

On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 02:22, Josef Siemes wrote:
> Try to tell tftp-hpa not to use the blksize option. Some clients
> demand the blksize option, but can't deal with it if the server
> accepts it.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I gave it a shot, but it seemed to have no
effect.

> BTW: Maybe the rom sends two RRQ's, since that's the usual behaviour
> of some roms (one with blksize, the second one with tsize).

Hmm, that's good to know, but this ROM is sending lots of RRQs, all the
same.

> Is it possible to put some network card into this box? Maybe you'll get
> better results with some standard card instead the on-board device.

Also a good idea, but unfortunately this box has only one optional PCI
slot and I'm using that for a 1394 card.

I should have mentioned what the internal ROM looks like.  It identifies
itself thusly:

    Intel LANDesk (R) Service Agent, version 0.99b
    Copyright (C) 1997  Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

    DHCP MAC ADDR: [snip]
    PXE-EA1: No PXE server found, using standard boot file.
    IP ADDR: 10.0.2.2
    PXE-E32: TFTP open timeout.
    PXE-E32: TFTP open timeout.
    PXE-M0F: Exiting LANDesk Service Agent.

I'm doing more research now on PXE, hoping to get that to work instead
(the server that came with Red Hat didn't work).

Thanks for your ideas,
Neologism