[syslinux] Disk error 00, drive F0

Henrik Brix Andersen btech1 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 20 09:46:18 PST 2002

Hello,

I have recently downloaded Sorcerer GNU Linux (http://sorcerer.wox.org/)
which uses ISOLINUX for booting the installation CD-ROM.

Problem is, I can not get the CD-ROM to boot. I have tested it on
another computer, and it works fine (The CD-ROM has been written
correctly).

When I boot it on my home system, it gives me this error message:

ISOLINUX 1.66 2002-01-01 isolinux: Disk error 00, drive F0
Boot failed: press a key to retry...

My system has an ASUS P2B-F motherboard. I've tried with the latest
stable (1013A) and the latest beta (1014F) BIOS for the board, same
result.
My CD-ROM drive is a Plextor PX-32TS Rev. 1.03.

I've tried going through some of the sources of ISOLINUX to discover the
meaning of the error code above, with no luck.

What exactly does it mean?
What's wrong?
Is there any way to fix it?

Best Regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen <btech1 at users.sourceforge.net>

One Ring To Rule Them All
    One Ring To Find Them
        One Ring To Bring Them All And In The Darkness Bind Them