[syslinux] Re:Looking for info

James Alan Brown James at jabcomp.force9.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 16:13:35 PST 2002

>Well, you should definitely look at Slackware, which was one of >the original
>distro's...  I'd suggest either getting another drive, and >setting up Red
>Hat, Mandrake, Debian, and Slackware at a minimum, and get used >to the
>different philosophy behind each.  Bonus points for different >hardware (like
>Sparc or Alpha) and YDL or something on those platforms...

Got Slackware 7 worked my way through
Red Hat 6.1, 6.2 Got SuSE 7.1 SuSE 6.4, SuSE 6.3, SuSE 6.2
(better still using SuSE 6.4 with my many mods)
also have Used/Got Mandrake 8 and debian 2.2.r0

Rather stick with SuSE 6.4 thanks...

Thanks Peter for your comments...
will work on that part.

No way do I want to create yet another new
distro! (I would love to see just one standard)

Just would like to save myself 3 hours of install
on new systems and weeks of cleaning out all the
unwanted junk to get my ideal system as I want it.

Regards,
James