[syslinux] cd_boot with 3-4 floppys

Josef Siemes jsiemes at web.de
Thu Jan 31 02:19:16 PST 2002

Hi,

Chema <jmolles at airtel.net> schrieb am 30.01.02:
> I use isolinux.
> I like to create a cd that boot in MS-DOS and install MSDOS (if you
> remember to install DOS you need 3 or 4 floppyes)
> I have on "CDROM"/isolinux the image of first floppy and the rest of
> files (the others floppys) I write on the same directory (doesn't work)
> and another time on "CDROM" root (doesn't work neither).
> Any idea?

Perhaps you shouldn't try to get the original installation get to
work, but write some batch file that does this. You need something
for partitioning the hard disk (there are plenty of bootmanagers
etc. around, e.g. XFDISK), then copy everything from some directory
to c:\dos, create c:\config.sys and c:\autoexec.bat, and write
the bootsector (usually 'sys c:'). The original installation does
nothing else.

I think the MS-Dos installation routine expects the media on 'a:',
so the first disk works, but the other disks don't work. Perhaps
there's something in an .inf-file where you can set this drive
letter or the directory it expects.

Regards,

Josef