[syslinux] syslinux/memlinux to boot FreeBSD boot.flp?

Mathias Koerber mathias at koerber.org
Sun Jul 7 00:53:35 PDT 2002

--On Sunday, July 07, 2002 12:46:54 AM -0700 "H. Peter Anvin"
<hpa at zytor.com> wrote:

> Mathias Koerber wrote:
>>
>> Can Syslinux boot arbitrary floppy images, and if so how?
>>

> Sort of.  You can use memdisk, but you lose that memory (unless you
> modify your FreeBSD kernel to reclaim it.)

Hmm. Right now Syslinux (or memdisk? not sure) always complains about
an invalid or corrupt kernel image file with

	label f
	  kernel memdisk
	  append initrd=boot.flp

It does not even try to boot that image. I am using syslinux 1.62 and
memdisk
from 1.75 !

--
Mathias Koerber