[syslinux] ISOLINUX

Michael Pearce mimemike at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jul 30 15:00:18 PDT 2002

Hello again,

I had another play last night, and forced an erro to occur in loading the
kernel.

This gave enought time to show the graphical image, so the graphical part of
things is working.

It also allowed me to type the alternative boot options at the boot: prompt.

The only thing that I cannot seem to get working is the TIMEOUT it just seems
to be ignored.... or have I stilled missed something.

Thanks in advance,

 Mike.

I have a couple of questions, But first....

Thankyou for creating such an easy to use awesome piece of software.

I am wanting to use ISO linux to select two different kernels/configurations
and have set up the isolinux.cfg file as follows....

DISPLAY start.msg

TIMEOUT 10000

DEFAULT linux

LABEL linux
  KERNEL vmlinuz
  APPEND root=/dev/ram0 initrd=txtimage.gz

LABEL linux-fb
  KERNEL vmlinuz-fb
  APPEND root=/dev/ram0 initrd=fbimage.gz

After creating the ISO + CD I boot from it and it immediately runs the
default option 'linux' with no boot: prompt of delay.

I was wondering if these features had actually been implemented yet, or if I
had missed something.

Also the start.msg doesnt run, or display the image, I have tested it with
syslinux on a floppy and it works fine.

Mike.

--
Linux Rocks!!!