[syslinux] Message File to serial console

Jim Murphy friartek at xnet.com
Tue Jun 4 05:26:08 PDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 10:28:27PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> What *version* of SYSLINUX are you using??
>
> I looked at the code, and it looks like this bug got fixed a long time
> ago...

I just checked 1.75-pre1 and it is working ok.  I found that Floppy
Firewall(ffw) was, until the last version, using 1.48.  The latest is
using version 1.66, and it works ok.  I only noticed it while trying
to find another problem with ffw for someone.  I normally keep an old
video card in my test system, but took it out to test and ...  I
should have checked further. :-(

The reason - development is done on Debian.  Debian 2.2 r6, the latest
stable version is still using 1.48.  The unstable release currently
uses version 1.66.  Thomas, the maintainer of Floppy Firewall, has
been sticking mostly with the packages released by Debian.  I don't
think this will change unless something like a major bug forces it.

Sorry about that,

Jim

--
Jim Murphy