[syslinux] Bootable CD Images

Kurt Neufeld kneufeld at usa.net
Thu Jun 6 00:48:42 PDT 2002

Hello there,

I have a question/suggestion.

I have a bootable CDRom and it comes up with an isolinux menu that lets me
pick from several different floppy images to boot Dos and several different
Linux Rescue Disks using memdisk. So far so good.

What I would like to be able to do is boot a bootable image that is not a
floppy image.

For example, DemoLinux is a 650MB iso file and when burned to a cd it
boots. What I would like to do is be able to boot the iso image after
picking it from a menu.

Perhaps that isn't the best example, lets say you have two distros LinuxA
and LinuxB and they are both 200MB so they can both fit on one cd. You
can't expand the iso's because the common directories such as /etc would
collide and then only one of the distros would work. So you would like to
keep them nicely bundled in their manufactures iso file until you pick them
from a menu and thereby giving you two different large distros on the same cd.

If you can already do this then I'll be damned if I know how and I
apologize for asking you a tech support question, but if you can't do it
then I think it would be super great if you could.

I'd write it myself but I don't know how. ;)

My 2 cents,
Kurt Neufeld

ps-if you reply from a different email address put 'NotSpam' anywhere in
the subject or the email will bounce back asking you for it.