[syslinux] Bug in 1.75 PXE code

Marcel Ritter Marcel.Ritter at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Sat Jun 15 05:08:59 PDT 2002

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Marcel Ritter wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've spent the last days trying to get PXE working (with all the nice
> stuff that's in the specification - doesn't work :-( )
>
> So I tried the new 1.75 with the Intel DOSUndi Bootdisk (which should
> verify that everything works correctly) but it does no longer work
> with syslinux-1.75!
>
> 1.74 is fine - so I guess something is broken here ...
>
> Please have a look at it - and let me know ...

The good thing about it: The PXE code removal seems to work now ...

But I'm not quite sure about the syntax - is the following right?

label undi
  kernel memdisk keeppxe
  append initrd=UNDITest/dosundi.1

The documentation only says:

... option "keeppxe" is given on the kernel command line ...

So I guess that's what I did ...

Ciao,
   Marcel

----
Marcel Ritter
Linux Betreuer
Regionales Rechenzentrum Erlangen
----
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.