[syslinux] Bug in 1.75 PXE code (fwd)

Marcel Ritter Marcel.Ritter at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Sat Jun 15 17:25:03 PDT 2002

> Marcel Ritter wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've spent the last days trying to get PXE working (with all the nice
> > stuff that's in the specification - doesn't work :-( )
> >
> > So I tried the new 1.75 with the Intel DOSUndi Bootdisk (which should
> > verify that everything works correctly) but it does no longer work
> > with syslinux-1.75!
> >
> > 1.74 is fine - so I guess something is broken here ...
> >
> > Please have a look at it - and let me know ...
> >

> Could you point me to this "Intel DOSUndi Bookdisk"?

It's a little hard to get, though it's part of the Intel test
implementation. All downloads/links concerning PXE have been
removed from Intel's homepage ...

I found it by searching for "pxe20-pdk.exe" in google on some ftp server.
This contains a NT4 PXE server implementation (which I never got to work)
an two tools to create a UNDI Test disk and an API test disk.

Together with the server part they should be able to run a complete (???)
test (including logging of all sent packages, etc) ... didn't get that to
work either ...

If you don't want to go through all that ftp search and install stuff, let
me know and I'll send you the 2 disk images.

> 	-hpa

Ciao,
  Marcel

----
Marcel Ritter
Linux Betreuer
Regionales Rechenzentrum Erlangen
----
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.