[syslinux] pxelinux and image selection? (fwd)

Marcel Ritter Marcel.Ritter at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Sat Jun 15 17:25:17 PDT 2002

> Marcel Ritter wrote:
> >
> > I had a stupid config error in my pxelinux.cfg files - my fault.
> > Works fine now.
> >
> > But there's still one question:
> >
> > Is it possible to use shortcut keys to load a certain image?
> >
> > Something like:
> >
> > Press 1 for option one
> > Press 2 for option two
> >
> > Something similar is implemented for the help pages - so I guess it should
> > not be too hard ...
> >

> In SYSLINUX 2.00, it will be possible to implement menus and whatnot
> (heck, if you want an animated graphics menu, go for it) as a standalone
> external module.  I'll probably make available a simple menu module as
> an example.
>
> 	-hpa

That's all I ever dreamed of :-)

I'm afraid to ask - but what's it current status?

BTW I tried booting "bstrap.0" file contained in the RedHat pxe RPM, and
this one has the stage2 PXE menu built-in.

I'm still fighting to make my DHCP server send the right "filename" tag
for the selected item, but at least this one displays the PXE menu as
specified (old 3com EPROMs did the same without any bootstrap code).

If someone is interested in the corresponding dhcpd.conf - feel free to
contact me.

Ciao,
  Marcel

----
Marcel Ritter
Linux Betreuer
Regionales Rechenzentrum Erlangen
----
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.