[syslinux] memtest86 problem

- bogi.ott at freemail.hu
Wed Jun 19 08:42:21 PDT 2002

Hi!

At first thanks for your great work!

I started to make multiboot CDs 1,5 years ago, with Bart Lagerweij 's utils. I have a problem with the memtest86 floppy image, made by the authors in the .zip file, downloadable from it's homepage, when I use diskemu. Some days ago I found on Bart's page a new method to select boot images on CD with syslinux/isolinux/memdisk. I thought this is my solution! With LiLo I could start the memtest86 image from hardisk, but with diskemu I couldn't. The error number was 8000, and now it's the same when I tried to boot with isolinux/memdisk. A part of my isolinux.cfg:
label 5
    kernel memdisk
    append initrd=memtest.img
I read the source of syslinux-1.67 - syslinux-1.75, and the memdisk documentation segment of http://syslinux.zytor.com/ .
I think, I should to use a memdisk command line option "floppy" (?). How is it correct?
label 5
    kernel memdisk
    append initrd=memtest.img floppy

or