[syslinux] ltsp kernel crash

Jan-Frederik condor at isw.student.khleuven.be
Tue Mar 12 08:47:32 PST 2002

Hi,

I've been using pxe-enabled nic's with an lzpxe-etherboot image generated
by rom-o-matic.net  to boot a ltsp.org kernel, with dhcp 3 to use if statements to determine which filename
option he gives to the pxe/etherboot dhcp client.Explained at
http://www.ltsp.org/documentation/pxe.howto.html
This works perfectly, except for the fact that you can't use 1 etherboot pxe image for different
types of nic's.

When I replace etherboot with pxelinux, and try to boot the
ltsp.org kernel, it crashes after the 'loading linux.........' output
(weird colorful blinking characters all over the screen). A default linux
kernel _does_ boot (until it stops cause it can't mount the nfs
root-filesystem)
I'd like to use the default ltsp.org kernel, instead of compiling my own.

I use the latest default ltsp kernel, dhcp 3.0.0 and hpa-tftpd.

Has anyone encountered this problem too?

Jan-Frederik Martens