[syslinux] PXE: Some basic questions

Keith Pettit kpettit at drgutah.com
Fri Mar 22 08:04:35 PST 2002

First of all it works great!!  I have my 3Com cards booting off the network
and it grabs the linux kernel just fine.  My next problem is more of me not
understanding the rules.

Is the /tftpboot directory just like /?  My though was to take a Linux
rescue disk that had some imaging tools and then just put the whole thing in
/tftpboot and tell it to boot the kernel in that directory.  But I always
get "Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs"

So my question then is how to I get the linux files system over?

Any help would be appreciated.

Keith