[syslinux] implementation question for syslinux

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Wed Mar 27 14:03:19 PST 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 01:01:02 EST, ClimbnRok at aol.com wrote:

>hi, I have an old 486 which does not have a boot-from-cd option in the bios.
>I also have a boot-from-cd distro of linux that I would like to run.  I was
>wondering if it was possible to get your floppy boot disks to pass boot
>control over to the cdrom and make it act like the floppy was never needed
Do you want to build a floppy that will just pass control over to the CD,
right?
I don't know if this is possible, but since you still have to use a floppy,
then why don't you use the floppy provided by your distro?
Usually you'll find a floppy image on the CD that will boot the system and
then the install will go-on using the CD.

giulioo at pobox.com