[syslinux] PXE-capable NIC listing?

Josef Siemes jsiemes at web.de
Sun Mar 31 06:35:28 PST 2002

Hi,

<Trey.Harris at morganstanley.com> schrieb am 26.03.02:
> Does anyone know of a list of PXE-capable NICs? I was surprised to get a
> brand-new machine a few days ago with Intel NICs that did not support PXE
> (Intel Pro 1000F), so I'd like to avoid that in the future...

I know of the following cards supported by the card vendors:
3com 3c9xx
Intel Pro/100 series
IBM Token-Ring PCI 2

Maybe the Pro/1000F is also supported, but the rom was a) disabled or
b) not flashed. Look around at Intel's web site for a flash rom.
I found:
http://support.intel.com/support/network/adapter/1000/ttiboot.htm
The Pro/1000 F is not supported (no rom on the card!), but Pro/1000 T
Desktop, Pro/1000 XT Server and Pro/1000 XF Server work.

BTW: For many cards with a rom socket a pxe rom is available, have
a look at e.g. www.bootix.com.

Regards,

Josef