[syslinux] Message File to serial console

Jim Murphy friartek at xnet.com
Fri May 17 12:39:18 PDT 2002

Hello,

Been useing syslinux with the Floppy Firewall Distribution for some
time now.  While testing a new hardware configurations, no video card
- serial port only as console, I no longer receive a nice looking
messsage to the screen(serial port).  When video card is present, but
still making the serial port the console everything is ok(In fact
syslinux sends the message to both the video card and the serial
console).  What I see on the serial port is what appears to be a line
wrap at 15 characters.  Each message line is printed out in its
entirety, but 15 characters per line, then CR/LF, then the next 15
characters, etc...  Once the kernel is started, everything else looks
fine.

Anyone have any ideas what may be wrong, or is this a bug in syslinux?

Didn't find anything in the archives or change logs.  Also is there a
bug list anywhere, or did I miss it on the web pages?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

--
  _/       _/    _/_/  _/  _/    _/   _/_/   |   friartek at xnet.com   |