[syslinux] ISOLINUX help requested (checksum error)

BBL blue bblnews at hotmail.com
Sun May 19 15:00:39 PDT 2002

Hi Mr Anvin,

after downloading the Freedos bootable cd, which now uses your projects
(ISOLINUX & MEMDISK) instead of Bart Lagerweij's DISKEMU (www.nu2.nu), I
contacted the creator of the freedos cdrom. I was interested in how he did
make that cd bootable.

Now I understand it a bit.
As I'm a MS Windows user, I had to figure some things out.
However, upon booting I get a beautiful message:
"isolinux 1.72 2002-04-23: isolinux: image checksum error, sorry"

I was expecting to see the syslogo.lss you have pre-generated (as I don't
know if I can generate your .lss format in windows using Perl, and don't
know source format of picute (*.png I guess...))

As authoring program I used Ahead Nero Burning Rom(e) (www.ahead.de)
with following settings:
*Bootable cdrom
*No-emulation
*x:\isolinux\isolinux.bin
*bootsector count 4
*segment 07C0 for starting.

Maybe I miss some information?
I hope you are able to receive attachments (isolinux.cfg / bootmsg.txt)
I suspect the error in bootmsg.txt first 2 lines where I want to load your
graphics file.
Ctrl-X followed by filename, then newline (CR/LF), then CTRL-Y

These characters are hard to generate in Windows standard tools
(notepad/edit/word) so I used UltraEdit 9.00)

so, if you happen to be willing to help me out (or do I subscribe on a
mailing list? The syslinux mailinglist is also for dumb questions like mine
too?), I'd be very grateful.

Bernd Blaauw, Netherlands

Download MSN Explorer gratis van http://explorer.msn.nl/intl.asp.