[syslinux] ISOLINUX help requested (checksum error)

Josef Siemes jsiemes at web.de
Wed May 22 03:40:09 PDT 2002

[Repost because spamcop didn't like my first posting ...]
Hi,

"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> schrieb am 20.05.02:
> BBL blue wrote:
> >
> > As authoring program I used Ahead Nero Burning Rom(e) (www.ahead.de)
> > with following settings:
> > *Bootable cdrom
> > *No-emulation
> > *x:\isolinux\isolinux.bin
> > *bootsector count 4
> > *segment 07C0 for starting.
> >
> > Maybe I miss some information?
>  >

> You can't.  You need to use mkisofs, which has the capability of
> recording some information that is missing from the El Torito standard
> into the boot file.

BTW, mkisofs is available for windows. I didn't try to create
isolinux-based CDs on windows, but this should work. You can burn mkisofs-generated isos with Nero, or with cdrecord. It's available here:
ftp://ftp.fokus.gmd.de/pub/unix/cdrecord/alpha/win32

Regards,

Josef