[syslinux] pxelinux / memdisk booting problem

Michael Blandford mlblandf at sedona.ch.intel.com
Fri Nov 1 14:58:45 PST 2002

I have been using pxelinux for quite a while to automagically build
linux boxes with great success.  Thanks to everyone involved!

Now, I am trying to download a floppy image and get that to boot.

My conf file looks like:

default sir4
label sir4
     kernel ia32/memdisk
     append initrd=ia32/sir4/floppy.img

Everything starts off fine.
pxelinux loads
I see it get the conf file.
gets memdisk
get floppy.img
loads memdisk
Disk is floppy
INT 13 08: Sucess, count=1 BPT=f000:b6cc
old: ....
new: ...
Booting...

Nothing happens after that.

This is a straight dos6.2 floppy just for a test.

This is on a dual PIII 800 IBM 6866 box.

It just tried it on a P4 2.0Ghz IBM 6229 box and it works great.

I would like to do this on many models of machines from PII's to P4's.
All of the machines will pxelinux fine loading linux.

Anyone have any ideas?

--
  Intel, Corp.
  5000 W. Chandler Blvd.