[syslinux] ISOLINUX & AWARD 6.00PG BIOS

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Nov 6 10:05:58 PST 2002

Knut Petersen wrote:

> Possible workaround: If INT 13 4B01 fails, scan for an AWARD Bios and
> the location of the correct INT 13
> entry point, initialize the INT 13 vector and go on.
>
> I tried this with a quick'n dirty hack, it works fine. If you are
> interested in the code I
> could clean it up and add the scan part (I hardcoded the correct vectors
> for my machines)

Would you know how to find it for other Award BIOS machines?  Remember
that BIOSes are actually compiled by the platform vendors, so the
different platforms would have a different address map even with the
same BIOS.

If you can find it, go ahead and send it to me... then I'll decide if I
can stomach it :)