[syslinux] how to create bootable CD of NBI

Sandeep Periwal sandeep_email at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 17 09:08:28 PST 2002

Hi All,

I have a Linux thin client setup.

Currently I have a Bootable floppy which boots and
connects to the Linux server and downloads the network
bootable Image (NBI).
The kernel is then uncompressed in RAMDISK and I get a
bash prompt.

I want replicate this scenario using a bootable CD
instead of a bootable floppy.

Also I want the NBI image to be used from the CD
instead of being called form the server.

How can I do this... I mean how should I make a
bootable CD such thatit boots and loads NBI from the
CD and uncompresses the kernel and gives me the bash
prompt.

Thanking you all in advance.

Sandeep