[syslinux] Problems with old hardware

abo2 abo2 at awalis.com
Mon Nov 18 15:56:57 PST 2002

Hi all

I have a Zenith N-Station (1997) P166 64 Mb of Ram
it has a Intel LANDesk Service Agent version 0.98i
it doesn't seem to be flashable

I have tried methode from http://syslinux.zytor.com/pxe.php
Each time I use ethereal to check the protocol

The behavior is quite strange :

I have the "Boot :" line the pxelinux is loading correctly
But when I ask my image pxe, I have dumps on the screen
like that which are scrolling forever :

AX:0208
BX:0200
CX:0002
DX:0000
4000

I have seen in ethereal that only 35 packets are sent from the tftpserver
the 36th packet is never acknoledged

I have read this

{ PXE stacks based on Intel's 0.99 series code }
A lot of older PXE stacks are based on Intel LANDesk Service Agent II, versions 0.99, which were released by Intel as "PXE PDK v2.x", despite being what can best be described as alpha quality. These stacks have numerous problems and can trivially be crashed.

and I wonder how to call the 0.98i version ;-)

any ideas ?
thx in advance