[syslinux] Failed to build - MJS

Michael_Slattery at NexPress.com Michael_Slattery at NexPress.com
Wed Nov 20 09:57:27 PST 2002

For some reason when I try :

        cp -a /mnt/cdrom/. .

for usr i get a significant number of input / output errors reported. (yes
my cd is mounted at /mnt/cdrom)

        cp: reading '/mnt/cdrom/./bin/perl5.6.0': Input/output error

        lots of these ...

Then when I try to build it fails at:

        cp -a root/. work/roottree/.

in the make file (Generarate root tree) with

        cp: cannot overwrite non-directory 'work/roottree/././sbin' with
directory 'rootpatch/./sbin'

When I look at work/roottree/././sbin it's a link (failed flashing red) to
usr/root/sbin

I've tried redownloading ISO, recreating the CD, and even mounting the ISO
to a loop file system as the source of the cp... no such luck, exact same
failure... any suggestions?

Thanks for any help,
Michael J. Slattery
 IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The information in this email is confidential and proprietary to NexPress
Solutions LLC and may be legally privileged.  It is for the intended
recipient(s) named above only.  Any unauthorized review, printing,
copying,
use or distribution of this email by anyone else is prohibited and may be
criminal offense.  If you have received this email in error, please notify
the
sender immediately by reply email and delete the original message.