[syslinux] Trying to build ISOLinux Minimal CD

Michael_Slattery at NexPress.com Michael_Slattery at NexPress.com
Mon Nov 25 14:18:54 PST 2002

Okay..

I'm pulling out my hair, not having much luck trying to get ISOLinux
(syslinux) running on my IBM x345 Server...
I want to put my boot (syslinux) and root files (lib etc for modules) on
the CDROM and just boot off of it to use PartImage...
Not having much luck though..

For testing purposes I'm using the boot floopy I created using "The Linux
Bootdisk HOWTO" and it seems to boot fine and ask for the root disk.
Then I modify LILO to look at /dev/cdrom for the root and place a cdrom
with a root files system in the cdrom.

It panics saying VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:00

several lines above ( what I think is the cause of the problem)

        kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k ide-cd, errno = 2
        hda: driver not preset
        VFS: cannot open root device "300" or "03:00"

I'm assuming I'm leaving something out of the kernel

Any help would be appreciated...
Mike Slattery

 IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The information in this email is confidential and proprietary to NexPress
Solutions LLC and may be legally privileged.  It is for the intended
recipient(s) named above only.  Any unauthorized review, printing,
copying,
use or distribution of this email by anyone else is prohibited and may be
criminal offense.  If you have received this email in error, please notify
the
sender immediately by reply email and delete the original message.