[syslinux] Trying to build ISOLinux Minimal CD

Michael_Slattery at NexPress.com Michael_Slattery at NexPress.com
Tue Nov 26 06:49:21 PST 2002

Murali,

Thanks for the response...
I understand the need for Root to be r/w I have a solution for that...

With your comments I would like to change me setup to the following...

Boot floppy, root = /dev/sda1 (which is a less then 1 Gig partitiion setup
with common utilities, root file system)

I'm not even sure why ide-cd is needed as I have a scsi cdrom, but when I
do lsmod on my running system it's there!
But no problem compiliing it it...

Now my scsi hard drives... there is only a module availalbe for then,
nothing to complie into the kernel, but when I boot with my (and
superresuce) kernel, they see the drives!

So is there something more I'm missing to get them to see the driver, or
is that just some sort of discovery phase?

Thanks,
Michael J. Slattery

 IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The information in this email is confidential and proprietary to NexPress
Solutions LLC and may be legally privileged.  It is for the intended
recipient(s) named above only.  Any unauthorized review, printing,
copying,
use or distribution of this email by anyone else is prohibited and may be
criminal offense.  If you have received this email in error, please notify
the
sender immediately by reply email and delete the original message.