[syslinux] PXELinux v 2.00

Frank De Waelle frank at beleir.com
Thu Nov 28 06:28:33 PST 2002

Hi Peter,

we are looking at PXELinux to use it for reinstalling PC's.

PXELinux works fine, is such way that the option "LOCALBOOT"
behaves as expected in version 1.76.

v2.00 the "LOCALBOOT 0" doesn't work on some hardware
(systems like Compaq EVO, Compaq EN SFF, in other words,
systems that have the Intel chip on the system board).

The prompt shows "leaving PXE", but the system doesn't boot
locally.If we replace the 2.00 with the 1.76, everything
works again.

We took a look at the code, but we are no hackers ...

Let me know if you would like more info on this.

cu,
Frank.