[syslinux] multi OS bootable CD, ISOLinux, ERD Commander problem

LAM Chi-fung cflam at hk.super.net
Thu Nov 28 21:39:44 PST 2002

I got some info on http://www.bootscriptor.org/

Problem: Windows ME boot disk hangs when booted using memdisk.
Cause: I suspect Windows ME is incompatible with memdisk.
Expected fix date: Not fixable, but a workaround may be made at some point.
Workaround: You can try the command "isolinux floppy.img" (where floppy.img is the
name of your disk image). This tells isolinux to use your BIOS's built-in emulator to
boot the disk, but may not work on all BIOSes. Also, you can use Diskemu to boot
Windows ME boot floppy images without this problem.