[syslinux] Re: PATCH: Fix pxelinux for Promise ATA RAID BIOS -- [OT] "Trick BIOS" ATA RAID

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Tue Oct 8 11:21:02 PDT 2002

Quoting "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com>:
> Rejected.  I do NOT consider a BIOS that scribbles on random pieces
> of memory to be supportable.

Agreed.

<off-topic>

FYI, I wrote a drart article for CMP's SysAdmin magazine (that was rejected, so
I didn't do a final 'proof' to catch all typos) that talks about different ATA
RAID options out there.  You can find the draft here:
  "Dissecting ATA RAID Options"
  http://www.smithconcepts.com/files/articles/ata_raid.pdf

</off-topic>

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.            Contact Info:  http://thebs.org
A+/i-Net+/Linux+/Network+/Server+ CCNA CIWA CNA SCSA/SCWSE/SCNA