[syslinux] Re: PATCH: Fix pxelinux for Promise ATA RAID BIOS

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Oct 8 11:35:16 PDT 2002

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> H. J. Lu wrote:
>
>>Here is the Promise patch I promised :-).
>>

> Rejected.  I do NOT consider a BIOS that scribbles on random pieces of
> memory to be supportable.

After thinking about it a bit, I'll modify that statement slightly: if
you'd willing to go through and figure out which exact bits of memory it
clobbers, I'll consider seeing if I can add a "Promise braindamage area"
to the memory map.

*Spit.*  The BIOS engineers are Promise are the worst incompetents I've
ever come across, and that's saying quite a bit.