[syslinux] ISC DHCPD Problem and Solution.

Paul Wouters paul at xtdnet.nl
Tue Oct 15 14:39:56 PDT 2002

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> The names of your tcpdumps imply you're using PXE vendor-option-space
> options.  I generally recommend avoiding them unless you really need
> them; and if so to use a real PXE server.

I didn't find a proper configuaration that worked on my card without the
options. The pxe server that came with RedHat 8 also didn't seem to work
at all. It also has no man page, no --help, and just a crappy contradicting
document regarding it being able to run on the dhcp server. Add to that
that their tftp-server was broken, and their images/pxeboot/vmlinuz was
unusable, and their entire linux.[012] loading scheme fails, it is a
wonder I actually got a redhat 8 pxe install working at all. It 90% of
the information came from this mailing list archive.....

Paul
--
<Beeth> Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already
        taken.