[syslinux] booting from floppy

Roberto De Leo deleo at unica.it
Wed Oct 16 11:21:53 PDT 2002

Hi,
I have a very elementary question for which unfortunately I cannot find
any answer by my own even after checking both syslinux and lilo docs:
how to tell syslinux to boot from a floppy but to look for the initrd.gz
file
in a second floppy?

The sum of my kernel and initrd.gz sizes is too big to fit in a single
floppy
and the two floppies mechanism seems to me the only solution.
BTW, of course I do not have two floppy drives so syslinux should be
able to load the initrd only after loading the kernel from the first floppy.

Thanks,
 Roberto De Leo