[syslinux] booting from floppy

Roberto De Leo deleo at unica.it
Wed Oct 16 15:17:39 PDT 2002

>>how to tell syslinux to boot from a floppy but to look for the initrd.gz
>>file in a second floppy?
>>
>It's not supported at this time.  I have considered adding support for
>it, but it's a pretty big change.

This is kind of sad. My problem is that there are some BIOS on which CDs
made
with isolinux do not boot, so I thought I could solve the problem using
floppies.
But to produce a single floppy containing both initrd.gz and vmlinuz
takes a lot
of time to produce because you have to make both very small and it is not
easy. Maybe I can manage to do it but I'd prefere finding some better
solution.

Is there anything I can do for PCs where the isolinux CDs do not boot?

Thanks,
 Roberto De Leo