[syslinux] booting from floppy

Roberto De Leo deleo at unica.it
Wed Oct 16 16:23:35 PDT 2002

>There is a way to get the kernel itself (as opposed to syslinux) to load
>a ramdisk from a second floppy, though.  It's an important distinction,
>because for one thing the kernel will not work from anything but a real
>legacy floppy -- no USB, IDE, or any kind of emulated device.

This sounds nice because I am planning to use it only on real floppy drives.

The mechanism you are talking about is maybe the one that is used on
slackware
bootdisks?
With this mechanism is it possible to provide a sort of configuration
file, such
as syslinux.cfg or lilo.conf?
Where can I find docs about this?

Thanks a lot for all your help,