[syslinux] kbdmap & ASCII > 128

Josef Siemes jsiemes at web.de
Thu Oct 17 02:17:15 PDT 2002

Hi,

"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> schrieb am 16.10.02 21:40:10:
> Josef Siemes wrote:
> > I've just played around with kbdmap in pxelinux. I always wondered why there was no
> > translation for "AltGr"-Keys (the right 'Alt'-Key) (AltGr-Q generates "@" on a german
> > keyboard e.g.), and I found in conio.inc (syslinux 1.76):
> >

> The answer is that AltGr doesn't exist on the default -- U.S. --
> keyboard.  Don't blame me, blame IBM for that one...

Agreed ....

So does the BIOS give ALT-Q to syslinux if I press AltGr-Q? Or is it nothing?
If yes, is it possible to remap this?

Reason for this is also backslash, tilde, the {[]}-keys etc, these all get accessed
via AltGr. If it's possible without changing anything in syslinux or if it's a small
change (and you have the time to do this) it's ok, if this would be some more work
forget about this. It would be nice to have these keys, but it won't hurt if not,
since I can always define a different label for this.

Regards,

Josef