[syslinux] pxelinux with redhat 8.0

Mike Bethune Mike.Bethune at fusepoint.com
Sat Oct 19 08:43:42 PDT 2002

> Hello !
>
>  Could we have a look at your pxelinux.cfg/<my config> file ?

It's the same config file I use to successfully pxe boot the same machine using  redhat's prebuilt pxeboot kernels in 7.2 or 7.3,
the only difference being the names of the kernel and the initrd image:

default linux
serial 0,9600n8
label linux
  kernel vmlinuz-8.0
  append initrd=initrd.img-8.0 lang= devfs=nomount nofb ramdisk_size=9216 console=ttyS0,9600 ks=nfs:10.210.1.11:/kickstart/ks.cfg ksdevice=eth0

I don't understand why this won't work when the only difference is the kernel, and I've verified this same kernel boots fine on a floppy.
For some reason it won't load it over tftp.  I didn't try renaming it but that didn't strike me as being an issue since "vmlinuz-7.3" is ok.

Thanks,
Mike