[syslinux] booting using RedHat Cd on older CD-rom's

Mike Barsalou mbarsalou at aidea.org
Mon Oct 21 09:17:16 PDT 2002

Hello.

First I want to say that I am not looking for you to solve this particular
problem...only looking for information or links to information.

Here is the problem:

On several machines  when trying to run RedHat's latest 8.0 software, I
cannot get the CD-rom to boot on machines that would normally boot.  I get
an error that contains:

This is on a Gateway P5-166.  Based on what I read from the ISOLINUX page,
there is a good chance that it is because the bios doesn't support the new
way in which RedHat has burned their new CD's.  What research would I need
to do, or what could I tell RedHat to do that might help fix this problem?

Is there a maillist I can join?

As far as I can tell, other distros are having the problem as well.

Thanks for any help or direction you may provide.

Mike Barsalou