[syslinux] com32

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Oct 21 14:28:44 PDT 2002

Roberto De Leo wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to understand how to use the COM32 mechanism in syslinux
> 2.00pre8.
> It seems very interesting even though the comboot.doc docs are very
> difficult to
> read for me.
>
> Here is my problem: I gave a look to the hello.c example in the sample
> dir and
> I could not find anywhere what to do with the hello.c32 file produced
> through the
> Makefile.
> I tried putting it in a 2.00pre8 syslinux boot floppy and calling it
> from syslinux.cfg
> just replacing the line "display message.txt" with the line "hello.c32"
> but it did
> not work :-(

Run it like you would a kernel, for example:

LABEL hello
	KERNEL hello.c32

... or just type "hello.c32" on the command line.

I actually have a version of the newlib C library ported to using COM32,
although it still needs work it's looking very promising.  It should
give a full 32-bit C development environment when done.