[syslinux] PXELINUX memory overwrite bug - SYSLINUX 2.00-pre9 released

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Oct 22 11:33:14 PDT 2002

Hi everyone,

Kevin Tran of Broadcom just identified a very serious bug in PXELINUX
where random parts of the PXE stack would get overwritten by PXELINUX.
As a result, I have release SYSLINUX 2.00-pre9 for testing; if you have
had problems with PXELINUX **PLEASE** test this version.  I will try to
make a SYSLINUX 2.00 some time this week if this tests out OK.

I will also hunt for similar bugs in ISOLINUX; it's at least plausible
it has something to do with the Promise BIOS problem...

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/