[syslinux] "Big config file bug" - having problems reproducing it

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Oct 24 09:49:28 PDT 2002

A few people have reported that the "big config file" bug seems to still
exist in 2.00-pre11.  Unfortunately I have been unable to reproduce it
on my test systems; I have created a very large (~12 K) config file with
120 labels and was able to use it successfully.  I specially verified
that a label actually crossed the 8K boundary and made sure it could
load correctly.

I will look at files you have sent me, but please send any config files
as *binary attachments* to me privately.  I need them as attachments
because I suspect that the bug depends on the exact part of the config
file that crosses the 8K boundary, and I therefore need to be able to
look at them in bytewise detail.